- California Coastkeeper Alliance – California Coastkeeper Alliance unites 12 local Waterkeeper programs to fight for swimmable, fishable and drinkable waters for California communities and ecosystems
- California Product Stewardship Council (CPSC) – The California Product Stewardship Council (CPSC) is a powerful network of local governments, non-government organizations, businesses, and individuals supporting policies and projects where producers share in the responsibility for managing problem products at end of life.
- Council For Watershed Health – Acting together, government, businesses, and communities throughout the region have developed a newly integrated approach to managing regional water and land resources for economic vitality and ecological health. Incorporating improvements in water supply, water quality, flood protection, habitat and recreation through multiple-objective planning has led to a balance of natural and human-made systems, even with substantial population and economic growth.
- Heal The Bay – Since 1985, people like you who care about our rivers, beaches and oceans have been a part of Heal the Bay’s fight to make Southern California coastal waters and watersheds, including Santa Monica Bay, safe, healthy and clean.
- Project Clean Water – The San Diego Regional Stormwater Management Committee (Management Committee) is comprised of representatives of the 21 Copermittees to the San Diego Municipal Stormwater Permit (Order No. 2001-01). to carry out other specific functions.
- Sacramento River Watershed Program – Founded in 1996, the Sacramento River Watershed Program brings together dozens of groups and thousands of people, concerned about the health of the Sacramento River and its watershed.
- Alameda Countywide Clean Water Program
- County Of Contra Costa, Clean Water Program
- County Of Los Angeles, Department Of Public Works, Water Services
- County Of Marin, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
- County Of Napa
- County Of Placer
- County Of San Diego, Watershed Protection
- Napa County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
- Orange County Watershed & Coastal Resources Division
- Riverside County Flood Control And Water Conservation District
- Sacramento County Stormwater Quality Program
- San Bernardino County, Stormwater Program
- San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- Santa Clara Valley Urban Runoff Pollution Prevention Program
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- San Joaquin County Public Works
- Vallejo Sanitation & Flood Control District
- Ventura Countywide Stormwater Quality Management Program
- California Bay-Delta Authority – The CALFED Bay-Delta Program website is now a static archive, marking the tranistion of the organization from the CALFED Bay-Delta Program to the Delta Stewardship council. This site will remain as a historical archive. Please refer to the Delta Stewardship Council website for current information.
- California Coastal Commission – The mission of the Coastal Commission is to protect, conserve, restore, and enhance environmental and human-based resources of the California coast and ocean for environmentally sustainable and prudent use by current and future generations.
- California Department Of Water Resources – The Department of Water Resources (DWR) is responsible for managing and protecting California’s water. DWR works with other agencies to benefit the state’s people, and to protect, restore and enhance the natural and human environments.
- California EPA – Our mission is to restore, protect and enhance the environment, to ensure public health, environmental quality and economic vitality.
- Cal/EPA Regional Water Quality Control Boards – The nine regional divisions of the SWRCB whose staff monitors and enforces the laws that protect the quality of water in California.
- Cal/EPA State Water Resources Control Board – To preserve, enhance, and restore the quality of California’s water resources and drinking water for the protection of the environment, public health, and all beneficial uses, and to ensure proper water resource allocation and efficient use, for the benefit of present and future generations.
- “Green California” Initiative: Building Maintenance – Structural Integrated Pest Management
- My Water Quality
- Office Of Water Programs, California State University, Sacramento – Online courses based on the California Stormwater Quality Association’s (CASQA) Best Management Practice Handbooks have been designed to provide continuing education for professional engineers, employees of municipal agencies, regulatory agencies, developers, construction companies, and others to increase their knowledge of stormwater best management practices.
- The Presidio Trust – The Presidio of San Francisco is a national treasure and a local jewel. It invites visitors to glimpse rare birds and native blossoms; to experience history through carefully preserved buildings and landscapes; and to enjoy a picnic, a concert, or a contemplative walk in the woods. There is truly something for everyone.
- Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project – The Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project is dedicated to acquiring, restoring, and expanding coastal wetlands and watersheds throughout Southern California.
- UC Berkeley Extension
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Geological Survey, Water Resources of the United States
Be Water Wise and follow tips on www.bewaterwise.com.
Helpful tips for starting and maintain a California Friendly garden
Water Saving Tips & Videos
It’s easier than you think to save water
One-stop shop about water-efficient irrigation
Download helpful materials
Online Gardening Classes
Home gardeners and landscape professionals can learn ways to reduce water use